Thanks for connecting!
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s a big job, and one we at Inter IKEA Systems B.V. take seriously.
Who are the many people? You are! Whether you’re an IKEA customer, co-worker or business partner, the IKEA vision is all about you.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably curious what information we collect and how we use it. The IKEA Job Portal website will process mainly technical data regarding the use of the website. However, we cannot rule out that this technical data could be related to the user of the website, and as a consequence your personal information is processed.
Only if you are interested in a job and click on "apply for job" you will be connected to the recruitment page of the associated IKEA organisation, where (also non-technical) personal information may be processed. There it will be explained what information will be processed should you choose to submit your application.
1. How we respect your privacy
Our approach at Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is to be as open and transparent as possible about how we collect and use your information.
2. What information we collect and why
We want to make your IKEA experience great! To do that we collect several types of information about you.
We use the following types of cookies:
|viewedJobs||Contains the Job ID and Client ID of the job a user viewed. Used for the Recently Viewed Jobs Module.||Strictly necessary||Yes||30 days|
|searchFormCookie||Used for storing the user’s last location they have selected to search.||Functional cookies||No||30 days|
|isMobile||Contains a True or False value to indicate if browser is a mobile web browser.||Strictly necessary||No||End of Session|
3. How we keep your personal information safe
We protect your information from all kinds of threats: destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We do this in a variety of ways depending on where we store and use it.
We are a part of a global group of companies, and we have service providers and business partners in many parts of the world. In some cases, we might have to transfer your information to one of these companies located outside the European Economic Area. We do our best to keep your information safe in these cases. But technology can make it challenging, especially social media. In situations where your information will end up outside our control we always ask your consent first.
In addition, we rely on so-called adequacy decisions from the EU. This means that the EU believes a country’s own laws or agreements provide adequate protection for your personal data. For example, we may want to store your information in the United States. In this case, we rely on the Privacy Shield Network, an agreement between the EU and US governments.
Some countries don’t have an adequacy decision. If we share information with a company in such a country, we often sign EU Model Clauses with the recipient. These are legal texts provided by the EU Commission.
4. Your privacy rights
You have many rights regarding your personal information. Read about them below. If you would like to exercise them or learn more, feel free to contact us! You can find contact detail at the end of this statement. Please note that some of the rights may not be applicable to your situation.
- Right of access
- You have the right to know what personal information we process and why. That’s why we inform you in advance about our processing activities via this statement. If you have any questions, or would you like to learn more about what information we process from you, you are always welcome to contact us and we will provide you with further information.
- Right to rectification
- If you believe we store wrong information about you, you can ask us to correct this.
- Right to erasure / right to be forgotten
- You have the right to tell us to permanently erase your personal information from our records. You can do this for example if you believe there’s no longer any need for us to keep it. Or, if you previously have given your permission, you can just decide to withdraw it.
- Right to restrict the processing activities
- You have the right to restrict our processing activities in certain situations. This means we will continue to store your information, but we’ll temporarily stop any other processing. Why would you want to do this? For example if you’ve asked us to fix incorrect information. In this situation you may want us to stop processing until the information is correct.
- Right to data portability
- In certain situations you have the right to ask us to send your personal information in digital form to you, so that you can forward it to someone else.
- Right to object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information, even when we have a legitimate legal reason to process it. You can do this when we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interest, and you believe that your personal interest outweighs ours. If you do not want us using your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, we will comply in any case.
- Right to withdraw consent
- If we process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent anytime.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- If you aren’t satisfied with the way we treat your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint about us to the national supervisory authority.
5. Who to contact?
If you have questions about our privacy statement or practices, please feel free to get in touch. You can contact us at:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Olof Palmestraat 1
2616 LN Delft
or by email to