You are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart, and energized by driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through collaboration. As a person you are inspired by working together in an ever-changing complex environment, motivated by finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues.
To be successful in this role you hold a degree in certified accounting, or relevant work experience within a similar role in banking, corporate environment, with 3+ years of hand on experience in a similar role in a bank or blue chip multi-national corporation;
You have a Master’s/ Bachelor’s degree in Economics/ Finance/ Accounting, and the ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• extensive knowledge of accounting principles (e.g. Ingka and local GAAP)
• understanding the impact of relevant areas regarding company legal (GAAP, Tax, statistical) obligations, governance and compliance
We see that you are good at driving strategy by directing effort to achieve long-term business objectives. You network and build and maintain a system of strategic business connections, and in dealing with ambiguity you comfortably handle unclear or unpredictable situations. In driving change you champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance, as you provide guidance and feedback to maximize performance of individuals and/or groups.
You perform the day to day activities to ensure the complete, accurate and timely accounting and reporting of financial instruments for all entities in Ingka to secure full compliance with relevant Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (GAAP) and related regulations.
• work closely with the Global Business Operations (GBO) team run month end processes to generate and interface with SAP accounting entries for Financial instruments for all entities in the Ingka Group
• propose to the team leader financial reporting standards to be built into the relevant treasury management system to obtain fully automated accounting of financial instruments
• perform, in close coordination with the reconciliation team, on a daily basis a series of reviews and control mechanisms to ensure the integrity of financial instrument postings
• perform booking of complex, one off, transactions and make financial reporting proposals based on both local GAAP and Ingka GAAP
• support financial audit related queries relating to treasury transactions, for any Ingka group entity, and resolve these in a professional, timely and efficient manner
• support tax related investigations/audits relating to treasury transactions for any Ingka group entity and resolve these in a professional, timely and efficient manner
• work across functions within IKEA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA Business
• perform the day to day accounting and reporting activities of the Belgian treasury entity ensuring consistency and compliance with the IKEA Finance and Accounting & Reporting manuals as well as Belgian statutory & fiscal requirements
• review the operational cost accounting work performed by the GBO team to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal & external requirements
• support the MD’s of the various treasury companies as well as the Belgian legal entity with input for Goal setting and the reporting of actual figures versus the set goals,
• prepare accurate and timely submission of all Financial and Management/Board reporting for all Treasury entities
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
The purpose of Group Corporate Finance and Tax is to provide expertise and optimise exposure in Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury and Insurance matters, balancing risks and opportunities in the market, support the business in its growth, while ensuring a strong position as good corporate citizen.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
You will be based in Zaventem, Belgium and will report to Gunhild Thijssen, Treasury Accounting Team Leader.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Gunhild Thijssen (email@example.com) or Mon Enckels, (firstname.lastname@example.org), People & Culture Business Partner Group Treasury.
Your application, written in English and consisting of a covering letter and CV, should be registered on-line. Please note that personal tests will be part of the recruitment process.
Unfortunately we are not able to handle any applications by email