We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about lifestyle, home furnishing and modern retail. You get motivated by languages and cultures and by finding better ways of working. Furthermore you are open to the change and you get energized by working both independently and interdependently with communication network and cross functions. You appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication theory into practice. Sharing and living the IKEA culture and values comes naturally to you.
You have proven advanced training in linguistic field; (bachelor’s degree minimum), and a minimum of 3 years of hands-on localization experience working on online translation software’s, Computer. Assisted Translation tools and Translation management systems (e.g. SDL Worldserver, Smartling, Memsource, MemoQ etc) is also required.
Moreover, you have experience in adapting content for search engine optimization, social media content production, audio visual localization and knowledge of machine translations software.
Furthermore you have strong communication and influencing skills in Dutch, French and English both spoken and written and experience working on the localization vendor side. You have strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel, InDesign, HTML and other web-based tools and knowledge of the IKEA brand, culture, values and way of working.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• extensive knowledge of translation digital systems, techniques and new tools
• extensive knowledge of using language to improve digital user experience
• of the local market and retail business
• of Search Engine Optimization
• understanding of how to leverage communication to enable better business outcomes, today and tomorrow
• deep knowledge of IKEA Concept, IKEA Brand, IKEA Culture & Values and IKEA Tone of Voice to ensure the right representation
• deep linguistic knowledge of local language and high proficiency English language – written and spoken
As a person you have understanding of localization/communication trends and the ability to turn them into effective communication. You demonstrates excellent leadership and influencing skills and have the ability to work with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to create the best possible experience for our customers. You understand the diversity of the market to add value both in the business and the functional competence dimension. You understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of communication as an integrated part of the business
You have time management skills, ability to multitask and are highly organized, you directs effort to achieve long-term business objectives and outcomes.
The purpose with this position is to secure that our customers and co-workers have a native experience across all platforms and to ensure all content and communication for the market aligns with IKEA tone of voice across all channels and according to the guidelines provided by the Franchisor. We drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
• be responsible to create the localization plan for the market in alignment with the Ingka communication plan and in close collaboration with local stakeholders – Market Support, Digital, People & Culture and other functions
• work closely with the content creation teams in the local office to create web, sales, communication and social media content that is more appealing to customers by providing input from a linguistic perspective
• be accountable and responsible for the services delivered by IKEA/Ingka chosen localization vendors by on boarding, continuous training, reviewing and performing quality evaluations in timely manner
• align proofreading amongst internal IKEA specialists and subject matter experts for different kinds of content, consolidate and provide linguistic feedback to the translators/translation vendors to educate them on IKEA tone and style
• develop a deep understanding of market expectations for localization quality and maintain set quality metrics for linguistic and functional quality
• proofread and edit final translated versions and retain and develop knowledge on specialist areas of translation
• be responsible for converting written material from one or more 'source languages' into the 'target language', making sure that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible
• lead user language satisfaction surveys to build and implement initiatives to improve overall linguistic quality
• translate and/or edit User interface, communication, PR, Web, social media and marketing materials for urgent and special requests; incl. research search engine optimisation key words
In this role you will report to the Communication Operation Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact. At the same time, we contribute to the growth and transformation of Ingka by ensuring we lead with communication. We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Please upload your CV and a motivation letter using our recruitment platform.