You are inspired by our vision "to create a better everyday life for the many people" with a passion for sustainability and highly motivated about making IKEA People and Planet Positive. You are also eager to learn and develop new skills, you are result oriented and change driven, together with a strong desire to lead business and people. You share and live the IKEA culture and values.
As a Sustainability Leader you will enable the transformation and growth of the IKEA business by being a business partner in the consistent and effective execution of the IKEA sustainability People & Planet Positive strategy in order to secure and future proof a sustainable IKEA Belgium.
Our Sustainability team secures the integration and implementation of the sustainability strategy – People & Planet Positive, by both putting demands on the business and being a competent sustainability business partner, while securing localised relevance. The voice and influencers of sustainability both internally and externally, sitting close to the business where decisions are made.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
- collaborate and align with internal as well as external stakeholders to secure sustainability is integrated across all country functions and support them to deliver their sustainability contribution to the agreed frameworks and strategies
- drive sustainability initiatives, processes and projects that deliver to the total business agenda and a more People and Planet Positive IKEA
- enable and follow-up sustainability performance and progress based on the country business plans, Group tools and methods
- facilitate the integration and implementation of sustainability by supporting the functions with the right information, best practice solution, tools & methods and ways of working
- develop a strong understanding of specific sustainability situation in Belgium and contribute to country business agenda, to feedback and share across sustainability matrix .
To be successful in this role you need:
- minimum 5 years of work experience in sustainability and/or business preferably retail.
You have the knowledge in following areas:
- in depth knowledge of how to identify and involve relevant stakeholders in a project, process or question to make things happen ;
- in depth knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, control and close a project delivering towards set budgets, goals and timelines;
- in depth knowledge on relevant sustainability subject matters with the desire to develop deeper knowledge ;
- good knowledge of how to balance and merge environmental, social and economic aspects to define sustainability and how to use that knowledge in striving to make business within the limits of the planet;
- knowledge of what healthy and sustainable living means and how it contributes to reducing environmental household footprint and help people make a positive change.
In addition to this you enjoy planning & organising by coordinating and directing activities to help achieve business objectives. You develop virtual and other collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives. You are flexible, and you can change direction as appropriate based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies, inspiring and motivating others to accomplish organisational goals.
In this role you will report to the Country Sustainability Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem