You are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart. You get energized by driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through collaboration, and find your inspiration by working together in an ever-changing complex environment. Motivated by finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues you share the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in this role you hold a degree in finance, or economics or have relevant work experience within a similar role in banking/corporate environment. You have experience of commonly used financial instruments such as FX derivatives, Interest rate derivatives and investments products together with proven skills/abilities to work in a high volume, multi-tasking environment. You need strong communication skills in English - any other European language would be an asset - and general computer skills: MS software (Excel,Word, Outlook).
You have knowledge in following areas:
• extensive knowledge on payment flows
• extensive knowledge of settlement, reconciliation and investigation tasks
In addition to this, you are capable of driving strategy by directing effort to achieve long-term business objectives. When networking you build and maintain a system of strategic business connections and in dealing with ambiguity you comfortably handles unclear or unpredictable situations. You know how to drive change in the way you champions new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. You drive performance by providing guidance and feedback to maximise performance of individuals and/or groups.
The Reconciliation Specialist performs daily effective reconciliation of external bank accounts in our treasury management system and aligns with accounting.
• perform the Reconciliation of bank accounts belonging to the regional treasury centres on a timely basis to ensure integrity of treasury positions and results
• on a daily basis confirm correct receipt of bank statements into Quantum
• perform the Reconciliation of intra group balances with the respective counterpart as well as reconciling all financial positions maintained on the Treasury Management System with the corresponding positions held by the counterpart e.g. custodians, investment positions, etc
• identify reconciliation differences between our Treasury Management System and the banks
• remediate reconciliation errors after instruction from the Reconciliation Team Leader
• perform the daily reconciliation of the Financial futures. Handle the initial and variation margin to ensure compliance
• help the Team Leader with the Reconciliation of fees charged against the agreed fee schedule with the relevant bank, so the team leader can escalate differences to the claims function within the conformation & settlement team
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
The purpose of Group Corporate Finance and Tax is to provide expertise and optimise exposure in Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury and Insurance matters, balancing risks and opportunities in the market, support the business in its growth, while ensuring a strong position as good corporate citizen.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
You will be based in Zaventem, Belgium and will report to An Van Loo, Reconciliation Team Leader.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact An Van Loo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mon Enckels, (email@example.com), People & Culture Business Partner Group Treasury.
Your application, written in English and consisting of a covering letter and CV, should be registered on-line. Please note that personal tests will be part of the recruitment process.
Unfortunately we are not able to handle any applications by email