• You possess a Master in Law degree, with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a legal and governance environment. Retail business experience is an added advantage but not a must.
• Exquisite knowledge of Belgian legislation and application of legislation, legal systems and government policies in business and commerce environment.
• You are able to have, or acquire solid understanding of legal systems (including litigation procedures).
• You have a broad knowledge of reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad spectrum of agreements and legal information.
• You have the ability to identify and analyze complex issues/ problems in management areas, and recommend and implement solutions.
• Strength in situation leadership, problem-solving, strategic and cultural competency.
• You always see the solution to the problem and are renowned for your pragmatism.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Passionate about the analysis of complex situations and problem solving.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly.
• No-nonsense, stress-resistant with a go-getter mentality.
• Fluency in Dutch and French, with a good knowledge of English.
The Legal Manager will be responsible for both entities; IKEA Belgium and Distribution Benelux. Your main responsibility is to lead, review, support and secure the legal aspects of the businesses and operations for IKEA Belgium within the framework of working defined by IKEA Group Legal & Governance.
• You will take clear responsibility for the legal matters and drive forward the legal topics in order to run the Ingka business.
• You will be responsible for implementing the appropriate corporate governance measures locally according to group guidelines and support management to organize for compliance with relevant steering documents etc.
• You are able to ensure that organisational legal matters are managed properly, efficiently and that the relevant and respective stakeholders are shared and given proper advice and guidance.
• You will actively cooperate with Group Legal & Governance and contribution to the Business Plan and development projects and corresponding roadmap and support implementation.
• You will review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and legal documents.
• You will act as a link between external suppliers of legal services and business units and secure the performance of external suppliers in respect of quality and cost.
• You will be updated in relevant international and local legal and governance developments, including changes in international, domestic and case laws and regulations.
• In this role you will report to the Country CFO.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Legal and Governance leads and secures the business from the legal & governance perspective and safeguard future opportunities by providing business with expertise on relevant areas such as; corporate, agreements, litigations, legal compliance and governance.