As a person you strive to have strong understanding of the business value of data, and managing the lifecycle of data to provide insight in the business. You are passionate about the possibilities of Digital to delight and inspire countries to rapidly adopt new Digital products. You appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning developments into deployments. Keep learning, forgetting the obsolete, working agile and being open to the change motivates you. Moreover, you get energized by working both independently, interdependently, and cross functionally. Last but not least, you share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in this role have proven advanced training in information technology, business information management or equivalent, and minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience as a data manager, depending on country complexity and data maturity. You possess demonstrable experience in working in an Agile or DevOps working set-up and delivery experience of open source and/or cloud-based solutions. You are experienced in working with data queries and you are confident in reviewing code and understanding how things work. In addition, you have strong documented leadership skills and preferably some experience with large-scale package implementations.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• extensive knowledge of the principles of data management and –administration
• knowledge of IT-systems and high-tech databases
• knowledge of the fast moving data technology landscape
• extensive knowledge of the requirements of data management systems that centralise data from different platforms and enable agility and flexibility to respond to customer needs
• knowledge of IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people
• knowledge of requirements from common applicable information policies, rules and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
• understanding of the solution landscape in place in IKEA
• understanding of relationships and dependencies between data areas
We believe that you have strong ability to secure consistent experience across different channels through data – for customers and co-workers. You perform work with care, accuracy and attention to detail as you strive to meet quality standards. In addition, you are able to communicate the importance of data quality, to digest large amounts of data, and balance the business requirements with real-world information issues. You also actively acquire new knowledge and skills and use new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. Collaborating with others (incl. virtual) to achieve goals, and understanding the complexity of IKEA business and the role of technology as an integrated part of the business is in your scope.
As a Data Management Leader you will oversee the various data systems and drive efficient acquisition, organisation and storage, and usage of available data within the country. You will also ensure accurate, trusted and relevant data within IKEA, through operational data lifecycle management and quality activities, thereby optimising the business value of data.
• be accountable for the implementation of Ingka´s end-to-end data governance framework, including policies, guidelines and ways of working, to support good data quality and ensure a secure data management environment; secure accountability in global, country, and 3rd party solutions
• secure global solutions are developed with local regulations, standards, and cultural expectations by keeping requirements up to date for all digital product teams to use
• contribute relevant input to activities within IKEA’s data acquisition, data processing and data storage happen according to the organizations policies, (international) laws and regulations – and secure implementation in country in line with those standards
• monitor data trends in the country, including customer perceptions of data usage, and potential regulation changes
• implement data governance/management processes focusing on data standardization to improve data quality
• support and provide input into the implementation of policies, guidelines (including GDPR compliance), and requirements for data management and maintain data management plans and operating instructions for complex business systems and architectures
• monitor and follow up data quality and compliance to data management standards in all country and 3rd party solutions; being responsible for using data issue repository and a root cause analysis process to solve and prevent operational data quality issues – direct connection to Central Group Digital to solve root causes
• be responsible for overseeing data systems (solutions containing data) within country according to governance framework – and enabling optimal usage, and securing acquisition and storage of available data; maintaining data flow overview for country
• monitor and follow up data quality and compliance to data management standards in all country and 3rd party solutions
• support and enable movement to global data platforms, securing Ingka’s ambitions to optimise value of data; developing and communicating the value of data in the country, ensuring awareness and fulfilling ongoing adherence to the governance policies and processes agreed, thereby optimizing the value and usage of the data
• work across initiatives within the country and across Ingka, steering towards efficient and effective use of data
In this role you will report to the Country Digital Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
To be the local business partner responsible for Digital, while working as a seamless part of the global Ingka Group Digital organization. Ensure IKEA Digital products and platforms are delivered with excellence to meet the needs of customers and co-workers in order to enhance the whole IKEA shopping experience.
To secure effective Information Technology (IT) that supports IKEA business processes by maintaining, developing and supporting reliable, robust and efficient Digital products and platforms. Country Group Digital contributes to the growth of IKEA and improves the customer´s life at home. Country Digital also works together with all functions to ensure co-workers have the Digital tools and capabilities they need to do their best work.
Ensure Digital deployments are done with excellence and in coordination with Central Group Digital (Central) and all other country functions.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Please upload your cv and motivation letter through the system