Jobs home > Construction Procurement Purchaser BE/NL
We are looking for you who has a deep understanding of the construction market and are familiar with different type of procurement strategies. You have a good understanding of the construction industry, significant background in facility management and project management experience. You have a strong desire to find ways to improve and develop our project investments. You have strong communication skills and you are an enabler by turning complex procurement solutions into new opportunities.
To be successful in your role we believe that you have:
• You have a university degree in Engineering, Business Administration or corresponding.
• You have Construction procurement related experience and excellent market knowledge
• You have excellent business knowledge and mindset and strong project management skills.
• You have deep knowledge of industry and market specific conditions as well as macro-economic trends.
• You apply fact-based approach and have experience of supplier management and development.
• You have good analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• You have good knowledge of data analytical tools incl. SAP procurement
• You are fluent in English, French and Dutch both written and verbal.
You are a natural in building and maintaining good relationships with people and you have a strong business mindset and drive. Change and new ways of working motivate you to find new possibilities and better solutions. Experience from procurement projects and driving business on a country or regional level with multiple business partners are a pre-requisite for success in this role. To enjoy working with us you are open-minded, straightforward and share our IKEA values.
In this role, you contribute to the development and execution of category/market action plans by: Securing compliance of Group Procurement purchase process. Building long term partnerships and drive supplier performance. Working together with relevant business partner to identify business needs and opportunities.
• Take fully responsibility for following and securing the Group Procurement sourcing process end-to-end.
• Be responsible for building long term trustful partnerships with key suppliers and business partners.
• Secure compliance to Ingka Code of Conduct and IKEA way of doing business.
• Be responsible for supplier management and supplier performance by professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of their performance.
• Through proactive market monitoring give input about sourcing options, supplier market, market trends and contributing to the development of the category/sourcing plans.
• Communicates in a straightforward and inclusive manner. Listens actively to gain information, guide and support.
• Co-operates with members of your team and with other units to find and explore synergies, to seeks opportunities for improvement and to accomplish common goals.
• Demonstrates willingness and contributes to change by taking necessary actions and adapt to new circumstances
• Analyse business needs, identifying and reduce un-necessary costs, develop standards in cooperation with business partners.
• Continuously monitor industry development, supplier market dynamics and cost drivers in order to find new business opportunities and explore the innovation potential.
For this position, you will be responsible for procurement of Construction 60% and Facility Services 40% in Belgium and The Netherlands. You will report directly to Category Sourcing Managers for Construction and Facility Services.
We don’t want to brag, but in our team we’re born negotiators. Together we source the world for suppliers for everything from raw materials for products to ink for the printer. Our mission is to maximise what suppliers can provide at the lowest possible prices while assuring safe and sustainable sourcing at all times. Most importantly: we build mutually beneficial partnerships for the long term. There’s nothing better than a great deal where everyone wins!
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
The selection process will take place on an ongoing basis and please note that we do not accept applications via email.