You are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart and you get energized by contributing to overall success and results through collaboration and excellent knowledge and expertise. You feel inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment and get motivated by finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units. Furthermore, you share the IKEA culture and values.
We see that you have a degree in finance, or economics or relevant work experience within a similar role in banking, corporate environment. You have very good knowledge in payment transactions with banks and extensive computer skills: MS software (Excel, Word, and Outlook). You have also strong communication skills in English.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• financial products
• treasury management systems
• the IKEA Concept, the IKEA Brand identity and the IKEA Culture & Values
As a person you are driven for results, you accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. You are detail focused and perform work with care, accuracy, and attention to detail. You enjoy team work and collaborate with others to achieve goals and comfortably handle unclear or unpredictable situations. You are flexible and you can change direction as appropriate based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies.
The main aim for this role is to ensure efficient and secure back office operations including confirmation, settlement and reporting within defined timelines.
• contribute to deal matching and ensure validation of data integrity for all treasury transactions including securities
• ensure all payments are executed in an accurate and timely manner, paying attention to payment cut-off times, available liquidity and ensuring that any exceptions are processed
• execute Transaction Event Management: (early pre-payments, corporate actions on bonds etc.), validation of the completeness & integrity of all external/internal bank standard settlement instructions to ensure correct settlement of financial flows and correct accounting
• execute the daily netting of transactions in order to reduce settlement risk
• obtain the correct approvals for exceptional payments/internal screening hits (commercial payments) in order to comply with the treasury control framework
• payment initiation and correct settlement of all flows within the currencies cut-off times
• transactional settlement monitoring (intraday) and rectification in case of errors, to ensure that all payments are executed in an accurate and timely manner
• monitor bank accounts to ensure correct payments are received
• ensure that the relevant counterparties receive remittance advices upon successful settlement to minimise disruption to the payment initiator
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
The purpose of Group Corporate Finance and Tax is to provide expertise and optimise exposure in Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury and Insurance matters, balancing risks and opportunities in the market, support the business in its growth, while ensuring a strong position as good corporate citizen
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
You will be based in Zaventem, Belgium and will report to Greet De Baerdemaeker, Confirmations & Settlements Team Leader.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Greet De Baerdemaeker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mon Enckels, (email@example.com), People & Culture Business Partner Group Treasury.
Your application, written in English and consisting of a covering letter and CV, should be registered on-line. Please note that personal tests will be part of the recruitment process.
Unfortunately we are not able to handle any applications by email