• Proactive and courteous customer approach
• Good communication skills.
• Standard First Aid/CPR certification Level C or willingness to be certified.
• Previous child care experience preferred with an interest in being responsible and interactive with children while in our Smaland play area.
• Service oriented approach
• Interest in home furnishing
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. (22.7 kg)
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Register children into Smaland based on current criteria
• Interact and monitor the playtime of the children
• Maintain level of supplies in Smaland as required
• In conjunction with Housekeeping, ensure Smaland criteria for cleanliness is maintained
• Communicate to managers on issues/concerns/incidences with regard to safety and security of the children
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworker and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting visitors, being visible and available at all times and managing first contact resolution
• Advise all children of the Smaland rules in the presence of their parents and ensure parents are aware of our play area policies
• Ensure a safe and fun environment for the children by following IKEA policies and procedures and informing management of any concerns
• Actively supervise the children during their stay in Smaland ensuring a fun and safe experience and a desire to return
• Maintain and perform department specific responsibilities in Smaland focusing on cleanliness and safety
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Provide a positive experience for the customers and children who visit the IKEA Smaland play area to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store. DAYTIME AVAILABILITY REQUIRED, INCLUDING EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS.