As a person you are passionate about people and share a strong belief in individuals’ potential. You act as an ambassador for the IKEA culture and values and enjoy working with tactical and operational tasks in a vibrant and changing multi-dimensional environment.
You are confident and competent engaging co-workers throughout the co-worker journey and the People & Culture year cycle – always with a strong customer and business focus and great awareness about how our retail environment is transforming.
You know how to implement long-term plans according to set budgets and goals and you are co-creating strong co-worker relationships securing a healthy, safe and compliant workplace. You are experienced assessing, encouraging and ensuring co-workers´ performance against organisational and individual goals and know how to develop competence and leadership capabilities to live up to our customer promise.
You accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express your ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication and are able to interact and engage naturally with both managers and co-workers. You demonstrate deep knowledge of the IKEA corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people.
In this role you will work across multiple business units and you will split your time and presence between them. Local language skills and flexibility during local opening hours are a requirement.
In the role as People & Culture Generalist, you support the managers and co-workers in your units to be able to deliver results and to create an excellent customer meeting. You provide People & Culture subject matter expertise and ensure that the People & Culture strategies are put into practice.
• execute local People & Culture tasks according to common People & Culture processes and year cycles ensuring an excellent co-worker experience
• support recruitment and onboarding of the right talents with the right contracts in close collaboration with the Market Area and People & Culture Delivery team
• support building business competence, leadership capabilities and performance by setting relevant goals and ensuring learning and training together with the Market Area team
• secure engagement and retention by understanding the working conditions in all functions and taking action together with the Co-Worker Experience team
• contribute to administrative processes and coordinate between multiple national and regional supporting teams, as well as acting as a speaking partner for external partners and authorities
• act as local People & Culture point of contact supporting co-workers and leaders with everyday people related questions and challenges
• ensure local employer communication is consistent, well perceived and builds on the IKEA brand
• implement a co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labour relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws
In this role you will report to a Unit People & Culture Manager.
In this role, you will work in Wilrijk.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. To create an inspiring IKEA experience we need to make sure our co-workers have the preconditions to meet our customers in the best possible way.
The purpose of the People and Culture function is to secure the competence and organisation to reach our business ambitions.
To succeed, we are focusing on three movements:
1. People choose IKEA for what we stand for
2. Engaged IKEA people with customers at heart
3. A modern, lean and agile IKEA fit for growth