Sustainability Developer, CA Electronics
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA Range & Supply
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. We are constantly on the way, building a better IKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified way, based on our culture, values and with customers and people in focus.
Category Area Electronics is responsible for the sourcing of Appliances, Light Bulbs, Batteries, Lamps and Homesmart products for all IKEA stores globally. We are nearly 100 co-workers in 8 different locations. We are passionate about electronics and work closely with our suppliers across the world. Now we are looking for a new Sustainability Developer to join our team!
As Sustainability Developer for the Category Area will, together with the Category Area Sustainability Manager, lead drive and contribute in building the Sustainability agenda for the Category Area. You can read more about the agenda here. Some of the responsibilities would be around the areas of driving positive change around climate impact at supplier sites, circularity, responsible sourcing and IWAY (IKEA supplier code of conduct).
You will support the business development teams to set priorities, and develop and implement common action plans with suppliers to meet Sustainability goals within specific areas of expertise in line with the Category Area Plans.
You will also be a member of the Global Matrix group for your Category Area and contribute to the sustainability agenda development by leading and/or contributing to global development projects.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Motivate suppliers and business development teams to continuously identify new sustainability related business opportunities as well as in sustainability assessment of new and existing suppliers
• Be part facilitating a successful IWAY implementation and maintain compliance
• Drive supplier sustainability development, identifying and implementing ways of having a more sustainable production footprint
• Lead and/or support sustainability related supplier development projects in alignment with Category plans and priorities
• Taking the responsibility to collect, verify, aggregate and report sustainability data and provide relevant analysis to support business decisions within the Category Area business teams.
• Supporting business development teams in the implementation of global sustainability working methods, tools and IT-systems.
• Facilitate sustainability related trainings for co-workers and suppliers.
To be successful in the role we see that the following knowledge and experience would be advantageous:
• Previous business or sustainability development experience, preferably within purchasing which has given you a good understanding of the IKEA ways of working with suppliers.
• Knowledge of renewable energy markets (esp. in Europe) , policies and experience of leading/ executing energy efficiency/ development projects with suppliers is a big plus
• Familiarity with circular business models and recycled/renewable materials
• Strengths in communication and partnering by building trust and inspire co-workers and the business teams within your scope of responsibility, as well as with the different suppliers
• Knowledge of IWAY standard and IWAY related working methods is a benefit
• Knowledge of IKEA strategic landscape, especially Purchasing and Sustainability Strategies
• Good knowledge of local and national legislations sustainability related (including IWAY) areas
• A structured approach in analysis and in evaluating different aspects of an issue to be able to support business decisions.
• Strong project management skills with a good track record of leading projects.
• A relevant university degree (sustainability or engineering) could also be considered an advantage.
As a Sustainability Developer you are goal oriented and business-minded with a genuine curiosity to investigate new technologies and solutions that can drive the sustainability agenda. You have the ability to implement things in a simple and straightforward way. Since you lead development projects across the Category you are able to lead and drive areas of responsibility, on your own as well as through others. You enjoy being the spider in the web between different stakeholders within the organization, leading business and people together with a clear ability to influence and convince. You have a strong passion for sustainability and willingness to make a significant impact.
The person reports to the Sustainability Manager in Category Area.
The position is located in Warsaw and the role will involve some travel within Europe.
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than February 20th. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receive your application, in English!