Your Background • You have profound education in the field of external and internal communication (incl. Social Media), public relations, journalism or comparable fields. Ideally (but no must) you have several years of working experience in an international environment.
Your Experience and Know-How • You have deep knowledge working in the field of media relations, including crisis communications and branding positioning.
• You have a clear understanding of the complete media landscape (including social media), usage and measurements.
• You have a strong network and strong relations into the Austrian world of media and journalism.
• You are skilled and experienced in stakeholder mapping, understanding of stakeholder drivers and competent in applying change & transformation techniques.
• You have rich experience in leading and executing 360 campaigns and storytelling techniques.
• You have excellent communication skills in German and English as well as strong digital communication skills.
Your Personality • You are a team-player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability build trustful relationships.
• You are passionate about the power of communication and know how to engage, lead and influence people.
• You are open to change and proactively seeking for better ways of working.
• You are comfortably handling stressful and unpredictable situations in a dynamic business environment.
• You lead, steer and ensure the implementation of the strategy for product and corporate PR and Media relations in line with the country business & growth plan.
• You drive activist and pro-activist communication through Media Relations in the market and lead in demonstrating leadership when IKEA is challenged.
• You drive and elevate the brand awareness of the company among public through effective and targeted media use – co-leading events, all brand activation initiatives with other functions.
• You identify and empower IKEA leaders to be inspiring communicators – train and support spokespersons on delivering effective and appropriate communication - and to act as spokesperson when appropriate.
• You develop and strengthen communication preparedness for reputational issues, risks and crisis and act on all negative publicity and potential reputational issues.
• You build a deep understanding of the Business Growth objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
In this position you will belong to the Country Communication Team and contribute to positioning IKEA as a truly meaningful and trusted brand in people´s heart & minds. You will have the chance to engage and develop yourself in an international and diverse environment where people are valued and business is led by values. Together we will create a meaningful impact on IKEA in Austria and move things to the next level.
As an IKEA co-worker you will profit from our social benefits and a modern, family-friendly and flexible working environment.
For this fulltime position we offer you a monthly gross salary starting from € 3226 (on fulltime base). We are willing to pay significantly more depending on experience and qualification with an ALL-IN contractual agreement.
We really would like to get to know you better and appreciate your letter of motivation. Warmly welcome with your application!
Please notice that we start our selection process already before closing the job ad. Once we have found the right candidate we can´t consider further applications