• You are passionate about home furnishing and creating a great everyday life for the many
• You are able to work well both independently and in a team setting.
• You are Service orientation and have great communication skill
• You have a willingness to share your knowledge and learning
• You have great problem-solving skills and are able to work with utility knives
• You are able to lift 50lbs (25kg) on a regular basis
• You have a forklift license and have knowledge on how to operate various material handling equipment
• Experience in a high volume warehouse environment is preferred
• Previous experience with a forklift would be preferred
• You are passionate about health and safety
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Contribute to store daily sales goals by unloading all trailers as received on a daily basis and complete replenishment picks from overstock as requested.
• Distribute received goods and replenishment picks to departments in order to facilitate & ensure a complete replenishment before opening.
• Accurately complete all Trailer receiving documents daily and deliver to Stock Control.
• Complete daily certification for equipment operation and preventative maintenance.
• Adhere to all Safety and Security and Inventory Integrity procedures and routines as outlined in IKEA documentation and within your store.
• Accurately monitor and document goods receiving on the receiving dock or sale floor
• Perform sales space replenishment with flexibility and volume taken into consideration when merchandising
• Transport goods utilizing material handling equipment such as a forklift
• Utilize product knowledge and article information
• Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines
• Use available resources to educate yourself on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range information
• Handling goods (unload, transport, replenish, stock in, stock out, pick, and load) utilizing the correct material handling equipment and tools in order to operate safely, efficiently and minimize damage to stock and equipment.
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
It is preferred that the successful candidate be available to work between 20-34 hours a week. The successful candidate will need to be available a minimum of 3 weekdays and the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Many of the shifts start in the late evening (11pm onwards)