IKEA Industry is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of Inter IKEA Group. IKEA Industry has 41 production units in 10 countries with about 19 000 co-workers. Every year, IKEA Industry produces more than 100 million pieces of furniture for IKEA customers.
Division Purchase is the global purchase organization in IKEA Industry. We work in 5 Categories (Wood, Boards, Chemicals, Source and Foils, Edges & Paper). This enables us to form professional partnership with other parts of IKEA as well as within IKEA Industry, deliver a stronger price development and to meet increasing demands on sustainability compliance.
We are a diverse group of people working together, sharing the humanistic IKEA values. The values are the foundation of our work. By living them, we form the unique IKEA culture where team spirit and togetherness are key. In a constantly growing IKEA, every individual is taken care of, respected, acknowledged and included. People are themselves, and respecting the uniqueness of every individual makes IKEA better.
Business Development Manager to Division Purchase Category Wood
to further develop IKEA Supplier Base on global market for Solid wood segment.
As Business Development Manager you are part of the Category Wood leadership team and you play a key role in contributing to our journey towards becoming a world-class purchase organisation!
Together with the rest of the team you are responsible for the overall development of the Solid wood segment. Building strong stakeholder relationships and having a high ability to recruit, develop and grow co-workers are key success factors in this role.
The Category Wood currently consists of around 20 co-workers, located in different countries and we expect you to;
• Participate in and contribute to the development and implementation of the category business plan
• Active work with supplier development within the scope of responsibilities
• Secure compliance with the purchase process in the area of responsibility
• Develop of sustainable and long term relationship with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Recruit and develop the co-workers reporting to you
• Lead specific focus areas on behalf of the overall category
• Ensure business is managed according to the IKEA ways of working at all times, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and be a role model in our leadership
You can succeed in this position if you
• Enjoy working in a complex business development environment
• Are strong in communication and stakeholder management
• Work hard with business ethics and have a value based approach to leadership
• Are experienced in complex business negotiations
• High ability to handle a wide scope of activities within supply chain
• Have a high passion to motivate, mentor and develop yourself and your colleagues
We offer you:
• Possibilities for further professional, career and personal development
• Variety of tasks and projects in a global organisation
• Supporting and experienced management, business environment and good working atmosphere.
We are looking forward to your application in english before November 25th 2019
If you have any questions about the position please contact Category Manager Frantisek Stopka tel +421910835649