You have a superb understanding of the needs of our local community, and have a passion to creating a better everyday life for our local customers. You take ownership of tasks and have strong capacity to network cross functionally to enhance brand loyalty. You enjoy working both independently and/or as a team to execute projects on time and on budget. You have strong computer literacy (InDesign preferable) with excellent communication skills. You have the ability to dissect data and insights and make decisions based on customer surveys and brand capital research. You are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop, with the intention to progress into a leadership role within 1-3 years. You will have a background in Marketing, Advertising and/or Communications, with experience in retail environment highly regarded. You have the ability to work the occasional weekend or evenings when required.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
In this role, you will:
• Support the IKEA wider Marketing team and assist in planning and implementing the store’s local marketing plan in conjunction to the Commercial Calendar.
• Support National Marketing initiatives, including the ‘IKEA FAMILY’ Program.
• Manage and execute internal and external events.
• Help communicate IKEA community relations, including IKEA’s sustainability initiatives and charity projects.
• Take ownership of internal communications (both co-worker and customer touch points), including developing and executing store bulletin boards, local news letter and IKEA’s co-worker satisfaction surveys.
• Be responsible for updating store web content, ensuring that all information is up to date.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Local Marketing plays a pivotal role in driving visitation to the store and in truly understanding our customers and Life at home in our primary area market. The Local Marketing Specialist’s primary role is to ensure excellent communication internally with our co-workers, and externally with our customers and the local community across all touch points: paid, owned, earned; building commitment and loyalty to the IKEA brand.