You are passionate about food and life at home, and are able to demonstrate:
• Proven ability to work in a high volume and fast-paced environment
• High customer-centric approach as you focus on ensuring they have a pleasurable and memorable shopping experience
• An energetic and team-focused approach as this department can become extremely busy
• Previous experience working in a busy retail or food environment will be highly regarded
• Availability to work throughout the day (shifts range within 8am through to 9:30pm), for a mixture of weekdays and up to 3 out of 4 weekends
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
The overall IKEA Food team comprises of the Kitchen Production, Commercial Restaurant, and Swedish Food Market (SFM) & Bistro teams. Currently we are recruiting for an IKEA Food Co-worker working primarily within the SFM & Bistro team, where a key part of this role is to in offering our world famous hotdogs, self-serve cones and other delicious Swedish snacks, selling a little taste of Sweden for our customers to take home. Your responsibilities will include:
• Serving our light refreshments to customers and operating the cash register for purchases.
• Ensuring the Swedish Food Market is clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
• Complying with strict IKEA Food and HACCP policies and daily operational routines around quality and food safety, including temperature and date checks.
• Understanding and contributing to the department’s action plans by supporting the department’s annual goals and targets.
This role is currently available as a temporary (6 month) part-time position for a minimum of 30 hours per fortnight. You will be expected to have flexibility to work across all areas within IKEA Food within your skillset if required.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
With a large focus being placed on IKEA Food delivering a prime dining experience for the customer shopping journey, as part of working in this fast-paced environment you will be rewarded with above-industry pay rates, penalty rates (including Sundays and public holidays), annual leave loading and the opportunity to work for a global company. We understand our co-workers are at the heart of our business idea and our core focus involves delivering a meaningful co-worker experience through initiatives including on-going training, support and a development plan focused on your personal and career growth within IKEA.