You are a strong negotiator with a deep knowledge of procurement and tendering and exposure to the construction industry. You have a desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through involving and engaging people. You also have the capability to make the right business decisions through business analysis, risk assessment, activity-, time- and scenario planning. We are also looking for someone who shares our IKEA values!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
Your responsibilities will include;
• Control, organize, conduct and document purchase activities within category construction
• Ensure compliance with applicable purchase processes, working methods, rules and guidelines
• Responsible for driving negotiations of contracts and support the change order process
• Secure legal compliance, contract structure and content
• Pro-actively work together with the business partners to identify business needs and opportunities, professionally challenging established ways of working, technical solutions etc.
• Contribute to product and service improvements and lower total cost of products and services through optimizing value chain. Professionally challenge suppliers to improve all aspects of supplier performance.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
We don’t want to brag, but in our team we’re born negotiators. Together we source the world for suppliers for everything from raw materials for products to ink for the printer. Our mission is to maximise what suppliers can provide at the lowest possible prices while assuring safe and sustainable sourcing at all times. Most importantly: we build mutually beneficial partnerships for the long term. There’s nothing better than a great deal where everyone wins!