IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world.
Your assignment comes to lead and perform manufacturing assessments to identify potential improvements areas. Lead and participate in manufacturing improvement projects in order to secure manufacturing development to lower total cost, improve quality and improve manufacturing efficiency at suppliers. Develop and implement Lean Manufacturing concept throughout the Categories through competence initiatives and relevant ways of working.
Expectation on Capabilities and Motivation;
· You have manufacturing and production skills.
· You have understanding and evaluation of total Value chain.
· You have management capability evaluation at new potential suppliers.
· You can create business cases together with new suppliers and respective business teams.
· You have knowledge in analyzing manufacturing performance and related working methods.
· You have capability to handle complex assignment and break down to a clear logic.
· Lean ambassador, focusing on reduction of total cost and improving quality.
· You are an informal leadership, high energy and drive to work with and trough others.
· You are motivated to share knowledge and good examples within organization.
· You have Process oriented with good analytical and pro-active approach.
· You have Result orientated with high energy and self-driven to deliver better products.
· You have different material knowledge like; wood and fibers, metal, textile is very much appreciated.
· Since this is a combined role; you should be able to do “manufacturing development” role combined with production engineering and understanding product development also.
Is this the right challenge for you?
Why will you enjoy working with us?
You will work in a Regional environment – leading and influencing the global agenda in the small but fast growing of department of South East Asia - New Business Team.
How is it to work in IKEA?
We do not intend to only fill in the position here – we want to accept unique personalities who will share our values and contribute to build great business success and influence globally
We listen to our colleagues, we understand their needs and we support their ambitions and build on their strengths, there are endless career opportunities;
We offer a possibility to work in a fast growing company and in an environment where people, team, passion for business and delivering the results are the main drivers.
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
This position will be located in our Jakarta Office, Indonesia.
We look forward to receiving your application, at the latest August 31st, 2019.