IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world.
Your assignment is to Establish & develop high performing and diverse supplier base which can meet the needs of our business and customer. Aims for the wished position of being the preferred business partner for existing and new IKEA suppliers. Optimize our value chain that can make better products and service at lower total cost for the many people. Deliver excellent results to meet goals. Develop and implement common action plans with suppliers, delivering excellent performance in running operations and building professional long term business development. Identify and act on new purchasing possibilities in order to secure optimal sourcing set-up.
Expectation on Capabilities and Motivation:
· You have deep knowledge of industry and market specific conditions and macro economy trends.
· You have deep knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production.
· You have deep knowledge of Supplier Development Process, Purchase Development Process and Development Product Offer Process.
· You have ability to lead business with a holistic view, always act with customer, supplier, total IKEA and total cost development in mind.
· You have capability to deliver result through involving and engaging peoples
· You have Capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver results.
· You have Capability to perform business analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations.
· You have capability to build trust and relationship in order to build long term business partnership.
· You have good finance/legal knowledge
· You have Strong negotiation skills.
Is this the right challenge for you?
Why will you enjoy working with us?
You will work in a Regional environment – leading and influencing the global agenda in the small but fast growing of department of South East Asia - Natural Fibers Team.
How is it to work in IKEA?
We do not intend to only fill in the position here – we want to accept unique personalities who will share our values and contribute to build great business success and influence globally
We listen to our colleagues, we understand their needs and we support their ambitions and build on their strengths, there are endless career opportunities;
We offer a possibility to work in a fast growing company and in an environment where people, team, passion for business and delivering the results are the main drivers.
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
This position will be located in our Jakarta Office, Indonesia.
We look forward to receiving your application, at the latest October 10th, 2019.