You have experience working in customer-service and can work in a fast-paced environment. You are enthusiastic and enjoy working individually and as part of a supportive team. You strive to ensure that customers have the best possible shopping experience. You use your deep knowledge of people’s life at home to design/plan our customers Kitchens. You are willing to learn about and demonstrate a passion for products in the Kitchen and Dining department. Having previous Kitchen Design/Planning experience is highly regarded.
As a Kitchen Specialist Co-worker, you ensure your area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organised, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience. Your responsibilities include, but not limited to;
• Actively approaching customers who you see require additional help. You identify their needs by asking the right questions and advise them on the best solutions for their homes.
• Keeping your area of responsibility clean, tidy, priced and fully stocked, and ensure that the IKEA basic merchandising standards are always in place.
• You convey passion about IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits, and you share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
• You can multitask and have good organisational skills – working with multiple programs while meeting the customer.
• Use excellent communication skills to interact effectively with the customer in all sales scenarios.
As our store trades 7 days a week including weekends you are required to work a mix of day, evening and weekend shifts, and have availability to work 3 out of 4 weekends a month
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Your priority will be to assist customers in the planning process in order to secure Kitchen sales. Actively approaching customers and advising them on the best solutions for their homes in order to sell more Kitchens. Understanding your department's action plans, and supporting the goals and targets set by your Manager