- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated driving aptitude in warehouse environment.
- You must have the ability to obtain IKEA’s forklift driver’s certification.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. – 75 lbs. with or without assistance as needed
- Ability to operate and maintain the sweeper/scrubber machines.
- Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
- A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Operate and maintain the distribution center’s sweeper/scrubber machines.
- Respond to requests for assistance from maintenance and warehouse staff.
- Light painting and cleaning duties.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in all locations within the distribution center
- Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
In our team we take pride in seeing everyone around us grow and develop, and we encourage people to experiment, test, try - and sometimes fail. As long as they learn along the way! We know that everything is changing more rapidly today and that we sometimes need to lead in the unknown. So we throw ourselves out there to explore new possibilities and ways of doing things to make both our people and our business prosper.