• Have some knowledge of the warehouse management (Astro) and
order management systems (Gemini).
• Experience working in a distribution center, and closely with the
warehouse management system.
• Some knowledge of PC and related hardware, Windows XP,
SQL/BRIO Query, and MS Office applications.
• Good analytical, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
• Interest in training and providing educational support to other co-
• A clear understanding of and a passion for IKEA values and principles.
• Internal/External: 2-3 years DC experience (operations, systems
• Someone with the proven ability to:
•Be a dynamic, action oriented team player.
•Use creative problem solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core
•Communicate and partner with coworkers across all levels of the
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Provide direct support for the users and solve the problems related to
DC warehouse management and order management systems.
• Ensure security and integrity of systems and data.
• Direct support the IT hardware in the DC. Responsible for
maintenance and support of mobile PCs, scanners, printers, etc.
• Provide systems training and technical support for the DC, including
support of IKEA Common Client (ICC), all PCs, printers and computer
room equipment, under the guidance of and supported by IKEA IT.
• Work closely with NA DC Systems Manager to ensure the systems
and hardware support the DC, and comply with IKEA and NA guidelines.
• Support the priorities, requirements and business plans of the DC
• Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living
reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.Provide direct support for the users and solve the problems related to DC warehouse management and order management systems.