• You have previous carpentry experience gained in a commercial business, ideally in the construction and building industry or from exhibition installations.
• You have a strong passion for quality, craftsmanship and home furnishing.
• You desire to seek out opportunities to make improvements in the way we work.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Following work briefs agreed with colleagues to implement all store media, such as wall constructions, floor laying, painting, tiling and the building of complex furniture installations.
• Planning and ordering materials and resources, ensuring accurate costs are sought and agreed in order to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
• Working with your colleagues to make sure the store is always in excellent shape.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
- General working Hours will be Monday-Friday 0730-1600, but you will need flexibility to work weekends and varying shift times to support the needs of the business.
- Experience and education in carpentry is preferred, but not essential for this role.
- This is a salaried position.