You love the work of implementing your designs from a sketch into reality, as you are a practical and hands on individual, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment. You have a deep passion, curiosity, and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home. You are a creative thinker, with commercial visual competence and a keen eye for aesthetics. You have a tertiary education or similar qualification in visual merchandising, and a solid background of working as a visual merchandiser preferably in a retail environment. Experience with AutoCad, SketchUp and/or Revit will be highly regarded.
As a Visual Merchandising/Activity Co-worker, you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Providing home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products to improve people’s life at home.
• Demonstrating the uniqueness of the IKEA product range through your visual merchandising competence and display techniques in different store media and activity areas to distance us from the competition.
• Working with vitality to motivate people to visit the IKEA store more frequently.
• Engaging others through the ability to visualise and present a commercial idea.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
Where others see furniture and homeware products, the store visual merchandising/activity team have the power to remind people how one product can change the look and feel of a room. By understanding our customer’s needs and wants, you can provide relevant, functional, affordable, inspiring and sustainable solutions.