The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
You will work closely with the Customer Relations team and the Home Furnishing Business to create a positive customer experience. You do this by providing professional knowledge sharing with the IKEA Services Furniture Assemblers and Kitchen Installers enabling a seamless development on measurement, assembly and installation services.
· Provide efficient solutions to customer’s assembly, installation & delivery concerns.
· Support the Furniture Assembly & Kitchen Installation Team to resolve customer disputes and secure resolution.
· Follow up on all customers’ issue and ensure satisfactory resolutions.
· Equip team members with product assembly & installation know-how.
· Propose advice and/or solution to any product assembly & installation problems both in store and at customer place.
· Monitor competition and identify IKEA services and the competitors’ service strength and weaknesses to the department.
· Follow up with the Assembly & Installation co-worker performance, competence and work on action plan to improve gaps.
· Conduct monthly follow up with every team member on areas pertaining to assembly & Installation quality and share consolidated result to the assembly team.
· Provide product and assembly knowledge training to all assembler.
· Provide support, guidance and the specialist training to all relevant functions across the store, securing competence resulting in the successful completion of all measurement and installation orders.
Develop and maintain a good co-operation and working relationship with Sales and Customer Contact Centres.
Prior Carpentry or furniture assembly-related working experience with Class 3 driving licence.
· Possess good visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics and attention to details.
· Passion for home furnishing, retailing and have a strong desire to provide good assembly and installation service to customers.
Possess strong leadership capabilities and able to guide, coach and lead a team of co-workers.
· Good ability to explain ideas and solutions to customers and ability to resolve conflict.
· Ability to prioritise and organise own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed deadlines.
Please apply via IKEA job page latest by 31 July 2020.