The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
· Apply project principles and practices to lead projects and project teams and control project schedule, cost and performance risks to ensure satisfied customers.
· Supports implementation of global/local projects and business processes to drive operational excellence.
· Lead projects based on clear roles and responsibilities with a focus on business and people within a matrix relationship
· Carry out projects on behalf of steering group and deliver the defined result on time and within budget according project directive and project plan.
· Ensure communication of scope and impact of project for our organisation.
· Ensure organisation readiness as part of project plan to secure defined benefits for customer, sales growth or efficiency.
· Ensure change management as part of the project plan for a smooth transition and easy adaptation to new ways of working to ensure the organisation can realise benefits.
· Manage the information flow to steering group, stake holders, project members and suppliers.
· Ensure training material and appointed trainers are part of the project plan to enable transfer of knowledge to all co-workers being part of the change.
· Ensure project documentation and learnings are shared with matrix and with the stores in our region.
· Prepare and maintain all project documentation according Ikano project life cycle.
· Align business requirements with solutions that support customer and co-worker.
About the job
· Good management and leadership track record, a reputation as team player in retail.
· Project management experience in retail environment with good analytical skills to define business requirements.
· Capable of maintaining project information and documentation to a detailed level.
· Possessing a collaborative mind-set: good at building relationships across the organization and with our external partners.
· Experience from work related to tactical and operational level with high degree of coordination need/complexity.
· Capable of focusing on operational, tactical and strategic horizons and aligning these as the project requires.