The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Work location: IKEA Tampines Store
About the job
You are passionate about creating a people-oriented working environment to support the growth of our business. This role will support our people agenda, provide great co-worker experience and drive a learning and development and performance culture in making IKEA Tampines a great place to work.
• Build partnerships with functional managers and develop understanding of business needs to meet shared objectives and ambitions
• Partner with functional heads to diagnose current and future capability needs to help formulation of learning priorities to support our co-workers in their competence development to deliver fantastic customer experiences
• Manage the end-to-end L&D activities such as content curation, delivery methods, engagement of third-party training provider. You will also assessing training effectiveness, gather feedback and analyse data to measure effectiveness of learning outcomes
• Manage the onboarding program to support culture settlement of new hires in the store
• Plan and manage all training activities, program schedule and career pathing for management trainees and high potentials to support their accelerated development
• Review outcomes of talent review/ performance evaluation to formulate action plans to support career development and drive a people-centric performance culture
• Build strong partnerships throughout the store for effective collaboration and gather feedback on co-worker engagement initiatives to drive improvements
• More than 6 years of HRBP experience with Learning and Development background is ideal
• Embodies a strong sense of self and progress to become a trusted advisor for all co-workers
• Dynamic, motivational presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to multitask, deal with complexity and ambiguity while managing multiple deliverables
• Possess soft skills and coaching to drive team’s performance
• Genuinely interested in our business; have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and are a team player for whom it is natural to support on the floor when necessary
• A retailer who appreciates the nature of the business and willing to embrace unconventional work schedules which includes working on weekends and public holidays