The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the field of purchasing, you have capability to lead and develop business, Your eagerness to build trust and partnership to reach common goals is remarkable. You are highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in as well as the reality of production, You identify very much with our values and enjoy creating an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality.
- Passionate on IKEA,BD and living plants
- Willing and curious to explore unknown areas, self-motivated, quick learner and open-minded.
- Resilience and capability on handle challenges on complex business and people environment
- No need to have horticulture background (No limitation on industry background, plastic or horticulture is preferred).
- Good communication skills, presentable with good structure. (English & Mandarin)
About the job
In IKEA Purchasing, we are organised in categories based on the material and function of the product. A Category is a group of articles sharing same materials, production techniques, and/or supplier base. Each category is led by a Category Manager and it consists of number of Business Development teams based around the world (being close to our suppliers) and global functional specialists (e.g., Engineering and Quality Leader).
The assignment for the category is to lead Purchasing based on a common agenda created in one common business plan. To take full advantage of IKEA economies of scale and competence we develop and execute sourcing strategies and thus meet the supply markets/industries in categories.
About the assignment
Business Developer will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Overall responsible for supplier performance and relationship - Responsible for building professional and long term relationship through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency - Professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan - Lead SDP identification process to create and implement action plans together with suppliers which delivers to Category Plan - Pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations to Sourcing Assignment - Lower total cost at supplier level through optimizing value chain - Partner with suppliers to continuously increase the competitiveness through new purchasing possibilities such as - Be an IKEA ambassador of IKEA values and do business with Fact-based Business Leadership