• Academic degree in engineering or equivalent working experience • Several years of experience in contracting and/or consulting and/or owners role involving construction projects • Experience within the retail sector is an advantage • Previous experience of different procurement and project delivery methods including contract development and negotiations • Previous experience of design development and/or design coordination of a project • Previous experience of construction management on site • Proven skills in developing people and provide support, coaching, training, and career direction to others • Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English • Preferable knowledge of Ingka construction standards and investment procedures • Working in an international environment • Preferable broad expertise in sustainability in the buildings. Knowledge how to implement, measure and follow up Sustainability projects. • Experience within facilitating construction project reviews and follow ups
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Within the area of Construction Project Delivery lead the people as well as leading and coordinating the work to develop, document, implement and maintain standards, guidelines, minimum requirements, methods, tools, contract formats, procurement, sustainability best practise and innovation to ensure delivery of safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions that meet the needs of the business and the many people.
• Lead the development in how to engage with designers and contractors in order to continuously find cost efficient and innovative project delivery by optimizing the delivery of our partners and stakeholder’s competence and knowledge into the projects. Work and engage closely with Procurement to identify best for IKEA sourcing options and procurement strategies and with Engineering Manager to optimize, innovate and develop the best for project methods for design-construct interaction.
• Develop the construction project delivery competence in Ingka in cooperation with relevant stakeholders and supporting functions in order to achieve the Real Estate scope in Ingka.
• Lead and coordinate all Construction Project delivery work developed by Group Real Estate and align implementation and communication of those activities towards the matrix. The current key competence areas includes: 1. Project Estimate, Budget & Cost Management 2. Project Delivery & Procurement Strategy: Business strategies for engaging with Design and Construction Industry including Contractual models, Collaboration strategies, Tendering & Selection Process, Dispute avoidance & resolution 3. Pre and On site Project Management 4. Scheduling & Risk Management 5. Health and Safety including IWAY compliance for Construction Projects
• Responsible for planning and coordinating the Group project support and reviews with the general purpose of aggregating and visualizing the Global project pipeline, define purposeful and relevant reviews, develop methods for project support and reviews, setting up task forces for complex or special projects and develop and promote web-based methods and solutions for project support and review. This is summarized as the Group Construction Project & Cluster Support Plan.
• Responsible for the Group Construction proactive and engaged project support and review as well as general Cluster support for a number of Cluster Construction organizations delegated by the Group Construction Manager and based on the Project & Cluster Support Plan.
• Plan and assign Group Construction co-workers and other Group resources for targeted individual project support, follow-up and review.
• Facilitate project follow-ups and the identification of learnings, thereby improving in-house knowledge, and the performance on subsequent projects.
• Create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
• Lead the work and co-ordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that specifications, standards, manuals etc. relating to construction project delivery are consistent with other Ingka documentation, correctly reflects current business needs and are implemented in the cluster Real Estate organisations
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Without us it would be difficult to meet our customers in person. In our team we find, develop and manage IKEA properties around the whole world. We’re different from one another but we are all passionate about real estate. We challenge and inspire each other to always stay close to IKEA customers and to understand how the changes within retail effects our needs of real estate.