The establishment of IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (ISMY) is to support/drive improvement in the current and future Logistics/Distribution Network within Asia Pacific (AP). The organization will supply full range of IKEA products from High Flow and Low Flow goods to South East Asia (SEA) market including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, India and future new markets within the region.
We are strategically located at Port Klang, near Kuala Lumpur to cater for an efficient goods flow with minimum lead time for the inbound flow.
About the job
The purpose of the job is to secure excellence in logistical operational performance, and its further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders; contributing to reaching customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost (considering impacts of quality, safety, service performance, sustainability and other supply chain costs).
• Logistical ("flow") performance: Secure total logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective by planning and booking optimal transport solutions under the consideration of IKEA supply chain stakeholder preconditions. Secure product availability to the customer at the lowest possible total landed cost by the consolidation of orders into shipments and securing the delivery of shipments on time based on OTD Supply Chain. Ensure the right prioritization of deliveries. Monitor & Follow-up the shipments to secure availability for our customers.
• Daily operations: Reschedule and/or cancel shipments in case of logistical operational deviations based on Global Working Methods. Suggest improvement potentials for parameters and set-ups affecting delivery planning and execution and Global Working Methods.
• Deviation Handling: Work in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. carriers, suppliers) to solve operational deviations during delivery planning and execution. Follow-up operational deviations and search for solutions to avoid operational deviations in the future. Works proactively with alarm, alerts to detect, resolve and prevent future deviations.
• Capacity Deviations: Secure capacity based on availability for our customers via the spot market within the agreed frame.
• Communication: Secure proactive communication with internal IKEA supply chain stakeholders and external Service Providers, in particular in case of delayed and/or changed deliviers.
• Data Management: Secure correct data in our Transport systems to secure proper visiblity and provide reasons codes for any deviation in our planning process. Alerts concerned parties about incorrect or missing information required for the delivery planning and exection process.
• Plan and Manage deliveriers within Transport: Actively contributes to the development of the Delivery Operations process, system and the Global Working Methods within the Supply Chain.
• Extra-costs: Follow-up NCAs (Extra-costs) and investigate all cases. Decide based on legal documents and secure documentation of each case.
• Secure minimum EQU in our trucks together with Senders.
• Escalate to TL Transport Planning in case of deviations in our planning process
You have good knowledge in logistics, economics, and business administration with minimum 3 years relevant working experience.
Capability of building effective and trustful relationships
Good presentation and communication skills
Knowledge of relevant tools and working methods in the Supply Chain
You have good Negotiation skills and ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks on an operational level with great attention to details.
You will constantly look for ways to improve and simplify ways of working.
Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Good speaking, reading and writing skills in English.
Problem-solving experience as well as working within set deadlines.
This permanent assignment will be based at our temporary management office at Kota Kemuning during the establishment period and to be relocated to the new Distribution Centre in Pulau Indah, Port Klang, Malaysia in year 2020.