Are you a highly motivated, creative and hardworking individual with a passion for people?
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to be part of making history?
If you answered yes then this is for you… IKEA is coming to Chile, Colombia and Peruand you can be part of our growing family!
What we’re looking for
We want to give realistic and honest people the chance to grow, both professionally and personally. We’re looking for that special person who, like us, is passionate for home furnishing, thinks out of the box, wants to always surpass our costumer’s expectations, loves teamwork and leads by example. Passionate about the behaviors and life at home of the many people and the trends that influences them with a strategic thinking and pragmatic approach.
Common sense and great human quality is part of our everyday life, and it’s why we believe that people and their values are more important than their CVs. We are inviting you to challenge yourself and see things differently with us.
Position: Retail Project Manager
Direct Report: Expansion and Establishment Manager LATAM.
Based On: IKEA Service Office Santiago, Chile (Traveling South America)
The Retail Project Manager is responsible to secure project objectives in terms of project management from planning to opening of new IKEA customer meeting points in South America, according to the specific project directive/brief of one or several Retail Expansion Projects.
The Retail Project Manager is also responsible to contribute to continuous improvement of the ways of working in Retail
Establishment / Expansion functions.
Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible to maximize the expected project results, carrying out the project according plan with focus in coordinating the different project´s team´s and other stakeholders, managing deviations and update project plan including timelines, evaluating the results and documenting the project.
- Establish, lead and close the project group(s) and organization structures needed for cooperation, communication and delivery of the project.
- Act as an ambassador of the specific project and secure appropriate communication to and involvement of the different internal stakeholders and receivers.
- Secure the commercial planning and build up activities for the project and lead in close co-operation with the specific construction project manager and other stakeholders.
- Secure an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality.
- Actively support personal and professional development of project organization members in close cooperation with their line manager.
- Responsible to ensure a proper handover of project to the organization.
- Identify, monitor and control risks within the project scope, manage dependencies and interfaces within the project and between the project and the line organization.
- Secure after customer meeting point (store) opening date that all necessary data & information of the project are documented, evaluated and archived.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of project management tools and methods related to Retail Expansion Projects.
- Contribute to the implementation of the annual action plan of the function Expansion and Establishment.
.Core Competences, Experience and Skills:
- University or Technical Degree: Civil Engineer, Construction Engineer, Architect or relevant to the position.
- 5 years of working experience as a Project Manager.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (exclusive requirement).
- Experience from work related to tactical and operational level with high degree of co-ordination need/complexity.
- High teamwork capacity.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), experience of communication with all organisational levels, including senior decision makers on country level.