Are you a highly motivated, creative and hardworking individual with a passion for people?
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to be part of making history?
If you answered yes then this is for you… IKEA is coming to Chile, Colombia and Peru and you can be part of our growing family!
What we’re looking for
We want to give realistic and honest people the chance to grow, both professionally and personally. We’re looking for that special person who, like us, is passionate for home furnishing, thinks out of the box, wants to always surpass our customers’ expectations, loves teamwork and leads by example. Passionate about the behaviors and life at home of the many people and the trends that influences them with a strategic thinking and pragmatic approach.
Common sense and great human quality is part of our everyday life, and it’s why we believe that people and their values are more important than their CVs. We are inviting you to challenge yourself and see things differently with us.
Position: IKEA Expansion Manager Chile, Colombia & Peru
Direct Report: Regional Retail Manager IKEA Chile, Colombia and Peru (IKSO CEO)
Based In: IKEA Service Office Santiago, Chile
Company: IKSO franchise
Responsible for IKEA expansion plan for Chile, Colombia and Peru, developing the market approach strategy and steering the real estate process. To establish an open and sharing work climate, being a role model of the IKEA culture and values, where our co-workers are engaged and empowered.
- Lead the creation of market penetration plan and follow up of each country set up together with all relevant functions within IKSO.
- Secure market analysis is performed and market potential is evaluated for all Chile, Colombia and Peru markets.
- Responsible to perform risk assessments and mitigation plans for new markets.
- Manage the procurement of all necessary external consultants connected to expansion and real estate processes.
- Lead all external consultants and other stakeholders to enable tasks related to market and real estate development.
- Manage the work to secure locations according to the real estate scope by delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions that meet the needs of the business and the many people.
- Responsible for negotiations and the creation of contracts with landowners, landlords and other parties connected to real estate process to secure location delivery with time, quality and cost focus.
- Facilitate the alignment and coordination with IKSO establishment function, to secure the execution of the expansion plan.
- Establish and maintain strategic real estate network by monitoring and analyzing market trends and development in the real estate industry.
- Responsible to develop projects to be presented to the Investment Committee and respective Board for approval.
- Work with other functions, real estate partners and local authorities to enforce permitting process.
- Develop working relations with local authorities and communities and proactively engage them to gain support for development of the projects.
Core Experience, Competences and Skills:
Relevant work experience and knowledge
- Experience in market development strategies – preferably for retail operation business. Desirable experience in Chilean, Peruvian and Colombian markets.
- Experience (min. 10 years) at management level of large-scale retail real estate development.
- Experience (min. 5 years) in contract negotiations with landowners, landlords and other.
- Experience of dealing with local authorities connected to real estate development processes.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Passionate to grow business and people together with strong coaching capabilities, developing the required competences and the team.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- “Out of the box” and long-term strategic thinking.
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to coordinate and manage different processes and projects at the same time.
- Ability to build trustful relationships.
- Enjoy working in a vibrant and rapidly changing multi-dimensional environment.
- Passion for real estate development, retail design and home furnishing.
- Enjoy being part of a team with a strong focus on people, service and performance delivery.
If you believe you have the passion, values, skills and experience then we are waiting for your application!
How to apply: Send an email with the subject “Expansion Manager – IKEA”, motivation letter and your CV to Mitzie Gálvez – email@example.com
Application Deadline: February