You have a passion for technology and innovation, it makes you appreciate the mix of actions and strategic thinking, turning architecture into practice. You have a product-centric mindset, are open to change and get energized working both independently and interdependently. You share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful as Enterprise Architect you have working experience with on-premise Data Centre and multiple cloud vendors environment from an infrastructure perspective and how to optimize those assets. You have preferably worked in the areas of storage, compute, connectivity, monitoring and cloud enablement. We believe you have minimum of 5 years of experience from product and engineering organizations where you have had proven a responsibility for the architecture of a domain stretching across multiple technology capabilities and coexisting with legacy. You are experienced in cloud-native, event-driven development applying API First. You have worked with Open Source and automation in delivering software. In addition, we also believe you have deep understanding in Enterprise Architecture and how to keep an architecture together across areas in the Enterprise landscape within the retail business. Equally so how to modernize the existing legacy and put new infrastructure enablers in place that unlocks speed and flexibility.
We see that you have a strategic and holistic mindset being able to define the future state of the Enterprise architecture in an engineering organisation as well as:
• Influence decisions at several levels of IKEA from sub-domain to Engineer
• Drive architecture work for an area of the technology landscape coexisting legacy and digital products
• Develop architectures for massive internet scale
• Solve deep technical problems in a landscape transforming with several business models
• Drive common purpose across diverse stakeholders
• Set long term strategic direction and manage its trade-offs
• Deep knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, omnichannel and retailing
• Work outcome-led, across application and infrastructure architecture
• Experience in agile development practices
• Experience having worked with domain architecture in a product and engineering organisation
As a person you are a good collaborator, have great leadership skills leading architecture work by bringing a lot of people together. You pay attention to detail and actively acquire new knowledge, skills and champion new methods to improve performance in deliveries. You possess knowledge across a range of different technology stacks, ideally applied within a retail sector, and can change direction based on new ideas, approaches and strategies.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will develop the Enterprise architecture landscape across IKEA and be part of setting the course with sound engineering/architecture through principles and standards that enable guidance for the business area. By influencing decisions across multiple levels you make sure to set and drive the future architecture across both legacy and new products (at scale). Your personality allows you to balance common purpose amongst a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure reaching both short- and long term goals.
In this role you are:
- leading a team of Technology Architects within the Business Relations domain
- responsible to lead, drive and develop the strategic architecture across all architecture aspects of a domain ensuring it fits to the totality and enable teams to take full accountability for end-to-end delivery of the strategic outcomes
- responsible for defining the coexistence of the digital products and legacy as well as what capabilities should be implemented where in the landscape from a domain perspective
- leading and developing the strategic architecture perspective on prioritizations of domain work and its consequences of reaching the product and technology strategies
- ensuring that domain and product optimisations are balanced against optimising for the overall IKEA Digital agenda
- responsible to develop the architecture view of the domain product and technology roadmap to reach its outcomes
- driving and developing the Enterprise Architecture practices and apply the architecture guardrails through the product and engineering teams
- representing the domain architecture in Enterprise Architecture
- being part of the domain leadership team, drive its agenda and identify cross-domain dependencies in the development of its roadmap and prioritizations
- driving, leading and addressing the big and hard problems that are Enterprise-wide and common across teams that need resolution to enable speed and flexibility for teams
- participating in acquisition activities including technical guidance and assessments from a technology landscape perspective
- continuously be updated and interested in innovations and how they can be applied to the domain and Enterprise to enable technology or practice leaps forward
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fastmoving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
In our team we love puzzles and are always looking for ways to make things smarter, safer and more user-friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and together we enable efficient product development and production through innovative engineering. Of course we also make sure that our products live up to the highest standards of quality, design, function, price and sustainability.
In this role you will report to the Architecture Manager.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
You might have questions regarding the role, the recruitment process or other practicalities please get in touch with Hamid Alamin at email@example.com or +46(0)729683501
Warmly welcome with your application. We look forward to learning more about you!