Local Marketing Manager
Samara, Samara Oblast Marketing & Communication Full Time
Purpose of the job:
You encourage new customers to shop with us and existing customers to shop more frequently, thereby converting them into loyal, long-term customers. You do this by understanding your Primary Market Area (PMA) and using this knowledge, together with the national marketing/media strategy to develop a store marketing action and Catalogue distribution plan. You use this knowledge to communicate our unique point of difference to the many people: customers, co-workers and consumers. You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store:
• to act as a highly efficient, and staffed, sales mechanism
• to show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas
• to serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist
• to provide a day out for the whole family.
• To take ownership for the knowledge of your store’s PMA and understand local market, demographics, economy, competitors, consumers’ living situations and shopping behaviours. To ensure you use these insights to create a store marketing action plan, including a relevant distribution strategy in order to strengthen your position on the local market and build long-term sales growth and profitability.
• To work with the store team to identify your consumers home furnishing needs, to promote the IKEA offer, to grow your core customer base and convert more visitors into loyal customers;
• To take the national communications/media strategy and store business plan and develop a local store marketing action plan, aimed at optimising the business opportunities within your PMA;
• To agree and follow up on challenging goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). These are based on the volume of store visits, conversion of visitors to customers and the positioning of IKEA in your local market;
• To monitor your performance against agreed goals, adapting and taking action accordingly;
• To control costs by working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and encouraging your colleagues to discover even more effective ways of working;
• To create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with your store team and other colleagues; to build and maintain relations with your external partners and other key groups in your PMA.
• Experience of taking commercial decisions based on local market information
• Experience of working in a customer-focused service industry
• Experience of setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets and following up goals
• Interest in home furnishing as well as a curiosity about people’s life at home
• Interest in what is happening in the local market, and an ability to quickly develop knowledge of the local market and business conditions
• Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans
• Ability to set expectations and provide clear direction
• Proven ability to understand cause and effect of decisions
• Experience of adapting to different styles of working to get the best out of others (situational leadership)
• Ability to prioritise and organise own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available
• Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through their actions
• Ability to read and understand written English and speak basic English
• A considered decision-maker
• Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Good analytical and numerical skills
• Computer literate
Full compliance with Labor Law, official employment
Schedule and working hours: 40 hours on week
Stably growing income based on performance and business results, as well as level of indexation in the country
Extensive social package: discount on IKEA, VHI, discounted food in the restaurant, pension program and other
Possibility to participate in projects at the store, country and world level
Independence in making decisions that affect the business, customers and employees
Wide opportunities for training and development through analysis of work, class trainings, work with mentor and coach, developed feedback culture, exchange of experience with colleagues from another departments and IKEA units, different regions and countries
A real team, ready to hear and support, who share common values and goals!
Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We bounce ideas back and forth, we challenge each other and we are crazy passionate about communication. Of course we’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.