• Proactive and courteous customer approach
• Good communication skills
• Successful completion of Children’s First Aid Emergency Care Certification
• Skills in handling large groups of children
• Capacity to work in a busy environment
• Interest in home furnishings
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. (25 kg)
Your Availability & Work Week:
• Open availability in the week is preferred; at a minimum, however, you must meet one of the following:
o Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least one (1) full weekday (Monday to Friday)
o Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least two (2) weeknights (Monday to Friday closing shifts)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
Provide a positive experience for the customers and children who visit IKEA Smaland to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store
• Supervise children signed into the Playroom, strictly following IKEA playroom policies and procedures and IKEA’s safety and security guidelines
• Register children into the playroom based on current criteria
• Create a fun environment for the children in your care
• Interact with and monitor the playtime of the children
• Maintain level of supplies in the playroom area as required
• Advise manager when supplies need to be ordered or equipment needs to be repaired
• Check and maintain the safety and cleanliness of Smaland according to stated guidelines and checklists together with the Facilities and external service providers (e.g.
• Communicate to managers on issues/concerns/incidences on the safety and security of the children
• Develop your knowledge by attending training classes as required
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people inspires us to continuously develop our business and ourselves. We have an ambitious growth agenda steered by our objectives - to be the leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability and a better IKEA.
We believe in people, it's the foundation of our IKEA culture. We believe that people want to do their best, work together towards common goals and learn and develop – as individuals and in their professional roles.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.