You have a passion for home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home. You are confident about approaching and talking to people in a polite and friendly manner. You are enthusiastic about working with others in a team. You have a flexible approach to work and are open to change. You can prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of your time.
• Actively approaching customers who you see need additional help and advising them on the best solutions for their homes in order to sell more.
• Maximising the logistical productivity of Market Hall by ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, fully stocked and correctly priced. You also ensure your products are always in perfect condition.
• Condensing stock, including unloading pallets and cutting boxes open in order to place items in their locations for customers to easily access.
• Preparing your area of responsibility for stock replenishment and next day’s business.
• You convey passion about IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits, and you share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
As our store trades 7 days a week including weekends you are required to work a mix of day, evening and weekend shifts, and have availability to work 3 out of 4 weekends a month.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Co-Workers are responsible for providing a positive and friendly customer experience by assisting customers with advice and support about the range of IKEA products. Co-workers provide directions as to where to find our products in the store. This is a highly physical role involving heavy lifting and operation of manual pallet jacks.