• Customer-focused, able to provide a good level of service in a fast-paced environment
• Problem-solving skills and solution-based approach
• Self motivated
• Interest in home furnishings
• Computer aptitude
• Ability to lift 50 lbs (25 kg), fit for physical work such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, standing, and walking for the majority of your shift
Your Availability & Work Week
• Open availability in the week is preferred; at a minimum, however, you must meet one of the following:
• Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least one (1) full weekday (Monday to Friday)
• Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least two (2) weeknights (Monday to Friday closing shifts)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Proactive and courteous customer approach; enjoys working with the public
• Enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong communication and follow-up skills
• Willingness to share your knowledge and learning
• Able to work with a sense of urgency
• Able to build relationships strong working relationships with your fellow co-workers
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting visitors, being visible and available at all times
• Provide customers with accurate product information by determining their needs, offering solutions, alternatives and add on sales that meet these needs and
contribute to your departments’ sales goals.
• Maintain daily tasks in your department
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or directed
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people inspires us to continuously develop our business and ourselves. We have an ambitious growth agenda steered by our objectives - to be the leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability and a better IKEA.
We believe in people, it's the foundation of our IKEA culture. We believe that people want to do their best, work together towards common goals and learn and develop – as individuals and in their professional roles.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.