YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• Valid BC Security License
• Knowledge of IKEA retail and wholesale operations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong administrative skills
• Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
• Ability to work effectively during stressful situations
• Computer aptitude
• Interest in home furnishing
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
ABOUT THE JOB
Ensure a safe and secure environment and provide our visitors with a positive experience at the Co-worker entrance to strengthen IKEA's position as the best home furnishing store.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
• Ensure IKEA's access control policy regarding co-workers and visitors is observed
• Greet visitors
• Answer and maintain the facilities main switchboard
• Coordinate all internal communication and maintain related equipment
• Monitor and maintain intrusion, fire, gas, and customer panic alarms within the facility
• Implement and coordinate emergency response procedures
• Monitor and maintain camera equipment
• Maintain the Safety & Security filing and reporting systems
• Perform details audits and follow up
• Process incoming packages
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people inspires us to continuously develop our business and ourselves. We have an ambitious growth agenda steered by our objectives - to be the leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability and a better IKEA.
We believe in people, it's the foundation of our IKEA culture. We believe that people want to do their best, work together towards common goals and learn and develop – as individuals and in their professional roles.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.