• You love challenges… You seek them to solve them (not to create them, though!)
• You have at least 6 months of customer service work experience in retail (Returns or Cashier experience is a plus, but not necessary)
• You have an amazing attention for details and can effortlessly juggle multiple priorities while keeping a smile on your face
• Your customer service skills are top notch – you meet all customers with compassion and understanding, can handle long queues, and can assess a problem and deliver a solution quickly.
• You are a total people-person and can strike up a conversation easily
• You are quite comfortable with computers and are generally technology-savvy
• You are totally cool with working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, environment (where you may have to lift heavy items that weigh up to 50 lbs. at any given time)
Your Availability & Work Week
• Open availability in the week is preferred; at a minimum, however, you must meet one of the following:
o Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least one (1) full weekday (Monday to Friday)
o Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least two (2) weeknights (Monday to Friday closing shifts)
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting customers, being visible and available at all times and managing first contact resolution.
• Identify customer concerns prior to processing transactions, minimizing wait times by accurately entering complete information according to set rules and guidelines.
• Follow all processes and procedures to ensure stock accuracy and inventory integrity
• Perform and maintain department-specific routines and procedures in the Returns & Resolutions area focusing on cleanliness and organization and always operating at
Functional Review standards and ASR Rules and Guidelines.
• Offer solutions to frequently-asked questions
• Take initiative to educate self on changes to IKEA, products, policies, or operating procedures by using available resources
• Assemble furniture when required to determine quality/usage issues
• Understand global solutions, tools and working methods and the IKEA Concept; ensure the appropriate manuals and other education tools to support me in
maximizing our customers’ shopping experience.
• Contribute to the Returns & Resolutions action plan and take ownership for your part in its delivery.
• Know daily and weekly service targets to improve our service delivery.
• Have an overview and understanding of the store and Customer Relations action plans
• Follow cash handling procedures to ensure the security of money handling.
• Promote a safe and respectful work environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or as directed
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that work together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and to create genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Exchange and Returns Co-Worker