• Ability to handle several tasks at the same time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Good personal disciplines and work ethic
• A flexible approach / open to change
• Good attention to detail
• Good at quickly building rapport
• Enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team
• Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team
• Demonstrates a polite and friendly manner
• Ability to use and take personal initiative during downtime to ensure that department goals or areas of focus are consistently worked on
• Assertive and able to remain calm and controlled when faced with emotional customers under stressful situations
• Fluent in English (written and verbal skills)
• Ability to prioritize and organize own work to make efficient use of time available
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Face-to-face customer service experience
• Ability to make decisions
Your Availability & Work Week
• Open availability in the week is preferred; at a minimum, however, you must meet one of the following:
o Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least one (1) full weekday (Monday to Friday)
o Open availability to work both Saturdays and Sundays, and at least two (2) weeknights (Monday to Friday closing shifts)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting customers, being visible and available at all times and managing first contact resolution.
• Identify customer concerns prior to processing transactions, minimizing wait times by accurately entering complete information according to set rules and guidelines.
• Follow all processes and procedures to ensure stock accuracy and inventory integrity
• Perform and maintain department-specific routines and procedures in the Returns & Resolutions area focusing on cleanliness and organization and always operating at
Functional Review standards and ASR Rules and Guidelines.
• Offer solutions to frequently-asked questions
• Take initiative to educate self on changes to IKEA, products, policies, or operating procedures by using available resources
• Assemble furniture when required to determine quality/usage issues
• Understand global solutions, tools and working methods and the IKEA Concept; ensure the appropriate manuals and other education tools to support me in
maximizing our customers’ shopping experience.
• Contribute to the Returns & Resolutions action plan and take ownership for your part in its delivery.
• Know daily and weekly service targets to improve our service delivery.
• Have an overview and understanding of the store and Customer Relations action plans
• Follow cash handling procedures to ensure the security of money handling.
• Promote a safe and respectful work environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or as directed
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people inspires us to continuously develop our business and ourselves. We have an ambitious growth agenda steered by our objectives - to be the leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability and a better IKEA.
We believe in people, it's the foundation of our IKEA culture. We believe that people want to do their best, work together towards common goals and learn and develop – as individuals and in their professional roles.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.