Must be available for both AM/PM shifts (7:00am to 3:30pm or 2:30 to 11:00pm) including Saturday's and Sunday's.
Candidates must also have reliable vehicle as this facility is not transit accessible.
• You are enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team
• You can prioritize, are disciplined, show initiative and have a flexible attitude
• You are computer savvy and generally comfortable with technology (and can easily learn new software and systems)
• You have about 2 years of work experience in a similar position within an Inventory Control, Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Quality Assurance scope
• You are totally cool working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, work environment
• You are tactical and operational, able to see things from a customer/market perspective
• You have post-secondary education in Logistics, Economics, Business Administration or similar (this is an asset but not necessary)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You will be supporting the warehouse team to ensure accurate inventory is maintained and efficiency is achieved.
-Proactive cooperation and contribution with co-workers inside and outside the department with the aim to support the warehouse team to ensure accurate inventory is maintained and efficiency is achieved.
-Provide data entry and inventory control support for Distribution Operations
-Ensure all picking confirmations are verified
-Maintain accurate and timely filing of CDS/SDS paperwork
-Ensure customer back order letters and ship zero logs are completed and processed daily
-Ensure confirmation of shipping within 24 hours of leaving the building
- Carry out daily audits to ensure accuracy amongst the orders picked, as well as pallet movements within the building
-Support inventory routines and goals
- Must be able to obtain Forklift licence (training will be provided)
-Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
-Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
- Enjoy FIKA (Swedish for coffee break)
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Administrator