• Retail or Logistics experience, preferably in a supervisory role
• Ability to delegate tasks to your team to ensure completion in an organized, efficient and timely manner to the specified standards
• Set the example and take the lead around prioritizing of tasks as well as customer orders based on customer traffic in the store
• Ability to implement structural way of working within the area of responsibility
• Ability to be a strong leader and team player
• Ability to problem solving under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to share your knowledge and learning with other co-workers
• Ability to communicate effectively and partner with co-workers across all levels of the organization
• Aptitude for related equipment for your work area
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office and aptitude to pick up on our internal programs)
• Be able to lift up to 100lbs (50kgs), fit for physical work such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, standing and walking for majority of your shift
Your Availability & Work Week
• Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends (open availability)
o You will be scheduled over a 4 or 5-day period, depending on business needs.
o You will work both Saturday and Sunday shifts, with the exception of 2 out of 8 weekends off.
o You will be scheduled for a minimum of two (2) closing shifts per week.
o Every effort will be made to schedule two (2) consecutive days off.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
As Goods Flow Team Support, you support your Manager and Team Leader in leading your team in the co-ordination and optimization of the goods flow operations within your area of responsibility. You secure the goods flow process for preparation and picking of orders for customers. You contribute to achieving the agreed product availability for customers and the correct quality of the goods flow process in the store at the lowest possible costs.
• Ensure the highest product availability for customers through correct and on-time execution of the store goods flow tasks by yourself and your team
• Ensure compliance with all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements
• Ensure safe operation of material handling equipment
• Ensure efficient daily goods flow operations within your area of responsibility, including, but not limited to: plock, back to stocks, isle maintenance, replenishment of
sales locations, pulling orders, inventory counts
• Partner with relevant departments (e.g. Customer Relations) to minimize customer wait times and follow-up on opportunities to improve processes
• Partner with Goods Flow Manager and Team Leader to lead and develop co-workers within your area of responsibility
• Contribute to achievement of agreed-upon goals in the Store Business Plan and Logistics action plan
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people inspires us to continuously develop our business and ourselves. We have an ambitious growth agenda steered by our objectives - to be the leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability and a better IKEA.
We believe in people, it's the foundation of our IKEA culture. We believe that people want to do their best, work together towards common goals and learn and develop – as individuals and in their professional roles.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.