You have experience working in customer-service and can work in a fast-paced environment. You are enthusiastic and enjoy working individually and as part of a supportive team. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and doing some manual work. You are enthusiastic and enjoy working individually and as part of a supportive team. You strive to ensure that customers have the best possible shopping experience. You are willing to learn about and demonstrate a passion for products in your area.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
As a Sales Co-worker, you are responsible for, but not limited to;
• Actively approaching customers who you see require additional help. You identify their needs by asking the right questions and advise them on the best solutions for their homes.
• Keeping your area of responsibility clean, tidy, priced and fully stocked, and ensure that the IKEA basic merchandising standards are in place at all times.
• You convey passion about IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits, and you share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
• Market Hall and Self Serve areas can be highly physical and involve heavy lifting. The operation of manual pallet jacks is also required.
• Condensing stock, including unloading pallets and cutting boxes open in order to place items in their locations for customers to easily access.
• Preparing your area of responsibility for stock replenishment and next day’s business.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
As a Sales co-worker you are part of a friendly and approachable team who are always happy to help out and answer questions. Sales co-workers have frequent customer interactions through giving directions and answering questions. Learning the product range and features are fundamental skills to provide the best possible IKEA experience for customers.
As our store trades 7 days a week including weekends, the successful applicant can work a mix of day, evening and weekend shifts, with the availability to work 3 out of 4 weekends.
This is a permanent part time (30hrs/fortnight) opportunity to join the sales team at IKEA Rhodes