You have a keen interest in people's everyday life at home and a passion for home furnishing and sales. You have the ability to communicate clearly and confidently and create togetherness amongst your team members, as well as an ability to work independently. You can prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of your time with good attention to detail. You will need to have the ability to complete repetitive heavy manual handling tasks and be available and flexible to work across the week including some late nights and weekends.
• Maximising the logistical productivity of the self serve area by ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, fully stocked and correctly priced. You also ensure your products are in perfect condition at all times
• Being passionate about the products you sell and actively learning about their features and benefits. You then want to share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
• Actively approaching customers who you see need additional help, and advising them on the best solutions for their homes in order to sell more.
• Preparing your area of responsibility for stock replenishment and next day’s business.
• Understanding your department’s action plans, and supporting the goals and targets set by your manager.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
An IKEA co-worker’s main task is to maximise sales and profitability in his/her area of responsibility using knowledge of the IKEA product range, local market conditions and the needs of customers. No other position in the IKEA store is more hands-on in terms of customer contact.