IKEA UK & Ireland is a has a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colors, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
• Creative thinking supported by commercial visual competence and a keen eye for aesthetics.
• Actively seeking new and improved ways of working simply and cost-efficiently.
• Computer Aided Design (CAD) knowledge preferred, but not essential
• Experience in previous retail Visual Merchandising environment preferred
• Degree in Design (Visual Merchandising, Industrial, Furniture, Interior, Product, Art, Textiles, Fashion or similar)
• Openness to change and flexibility in varying fast paced environment
• Works well and collaborative in their approach within team and other functions
• Positive communication style using influencing skills and situational leadership
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
About the Role / Assignment
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Providing home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products to improve people’s life at home.
• Demonstrating the uniqueness of the IKEA product range through your visual merchandising competence and display techniques in different store media and activity areas to distance us from the competition.
• Securing the use of the store layout to create a good product overview and strong visual impact that facilitates the buying process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a video interview via HireVue which must be completed within 48 hours. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to a face-to-face interview in-store - exact dates to be confirmed to successful candidates, most likely 2nd week in January 2020.
CONTRACT INFORMATION AND SHIFT PATTERNS
This role is a full-time contract, 39 hours per week, 5 days over 7 and includes weekend work. Some overnights will be expected, especially when projects are implemented alongside the seasonal changes (Christmas & Summer).
Your usual working hours will be 7:30 - 16:00 (could be 6 AM start when supporting projects).
IKEA reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than originally advertised, in the event of high candidate applications. Interested parties are encouraged to apply as early as is convenient and to complete the video interview promptly.
If you have any questions or queries with regards to the role please contact: email@example.com