• Basic understanding of Warehousing operations
• Basic understanding the various functions in the Supply Chain and how the contribute to the process
• Basic knowledge of Accounting and Financial principles
• Knowledge of controlling and Budgeting methodology
• Basic understanding of Goal setting process
• High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office
package, especially Excel, as well as experience from using Business Intelligence tools
• University degree (logistics, business) or equivalent working experience ( 3-5 years)
• Enjoys working with numbers and processes
• Eager to learn and has the ability to prioritise tasks
• A passion for structure and detail
• Finds motivation in proposing fact based improvement potentials.
• Enjoys working in a fast-growing company.
• Fluency in English and local language
• Ability to adapt to business changes and not hesitant to initiate or bring own ideas/opinions forward
• Able to organize own work to meet deadlines and work under time pressure
• Analytical and ability to see the bigger picture
• Strong Supporting and Challenging, ability to communicate and influence different levels in the organization.
• Develop the business and deliver results
• Lead and develop people
• Inspire and clarify
• Create togetherness
• Enable better ways
• Find better ways
• Enable change
PREVIOUS EXPEREINCE AND SKILS:
• Fluency in English and local language, both written and spoken & Skilled in using MS Office
• Developed numerical and analytical
• Excel skills
• Ability to challenge and put forth own ideas.
• University degree (Logistics, Economics) or equivalent working experience.
• Not hesitant in proposing/initiating changes.
• Understanding of the business/operations and its main drivers & Understands major business changes and its consequences, scenario thinking
• Lead the goal process (BPL, Budget & KPI goal setting) for the Distribution Unit and explain goals to the organization
• Secure the DC/CDC functional reporting according to common rules and deadlines
• Highlight discrepancies between goals and actual results in the DC/CDC and identify and drive the implementation of corrective actions
• Pro-actively support the efficiency increase (reduce costs, realize cost saving potentials, improve quality and services towards the customer) in the Unit
• Secure Compliance within local guideline and working routines in regards to the purchasing and contract signing process
• Initiate and/or support benchmark activities towards other comparable Units to identify performance improvements
• As a member of the DC/CDC management team, contribute to the operational excellence and development of the unit
• Steer the decision making process by providing the DC/CDC Manager and the unit management team with tools, analysis and/or evaluations of business potentials and securing follow ups of initiated actions
• Responsible for contribute to global or regional projects.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
To navigate the total IKEA logistics performance, to steer the business towards sustained long term profitability and contribute to the overall goals
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To actively support the steering of the DC/CDC operational business in order to secure avail-ability at lowest possible cost by preparing for decisions through analysis of common agreed information and give directions for improvement. Contribute to the development of the delivery process.