Jobs home > Accounts Payable Accountant (100%)
At IKEA, we aim to make healthy and sustainable choices affordable and accessible for all. To make that happen, we need people with imagination. People who know that everyone has a right to feel at home. People who share our vision of a better everyday life. Together we’ll innovate the future of life at home through data, technology, retail and home furnishing know-how.
IKEA Supply AG (ISAG) is the wholesale company within the Inter IKEA Group belonging to IKEA Supply, owning the goods in the IKEA Distribution and Regional Customer Distribution Centers worldwide. The main functions located at ISAG are Transport & Logistics Services, Supply Chain Development and Finance.
The Finance organization at IKEA Supply AG (ISAG) is responsible for financial matters of the entity including among other financial planning, performance reporting, decision-making support, pricing, external accounting and reporting, tax management, customs and connected business development. We register financial transactions and secure compliance with local and international accounting and tax regulations/standards.
About the job
An Accounts Payable Accountant secures IKEA assets by ensuring that food wholesale related invoices are controlled, authorized and paid on time.
In this position you will:
- Verify and book in timely manner commercial goods supplier, transport and logistics service provider, and indirect material and service invoices
- Authorize invoices according purchase agreements, performing various controls and checks on invoices within given responsibility area
- Actively take responsibility and initiative to investigate and close deviations relating to the invoice control
- Ensure on-time payment by following up invoices in authorization and preparing invoices for payment
- Act upon requests from suppliers and service providers (e.g., payment information, reconciliations)
- Ensure correct archiving of invoices
- Provide reports to stakeholders e.g., for audit purposes (i.e., Purchase operations)
- Support cooperation with main stakeholders
- Perform assignments or projects according to competence and business needs (e.g. Readsoft super user, process change)
- Actively contribute to secure and increase the quality and efficiency throughout the process
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Good knowledge of invoicing, accounting, and payment processes
- Good knowledge of compliance and control requirements within accounts payable
- Good knowledge of supply chain operations in wholesale business
- Knowledge of MS Office programs e.g., how to create comparison tables, charts and word document templates
- Good knowledge of accounting/invoice processing solutions
- Fluency in English
At IKEA, we continuously look for better ways of working, following our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. It is in our culture to work together and to be open, straightforward and inclusive. If this sounds like an environment you could enjoy working in, please send your CV and Cover Letter (in English) until November 30th, 2022.
For further information about the role please contact Veronika Toker, (email@example.com). For questions about the recruitment process feel free to contact Olivia Trombini, P&C Generalist (+41 79 678 87 55).
This role is full-time (40 hours per week) and based in Pratteln.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plantballs that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home. Maybe you can help us.
IKEA Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
At IKEA we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging and creativity generated by people being in the same place. Our approach is that we spend most of our time in the IKEA workplace and with flexibility to work from home when relevant.
Another thing fuelling our success is our values-based culture. While we are unique individuals with endless differences, something we share is our commitment to lead by example, work together, find better ways and to get things done. We believe in life-long learning, where we all play a part in helping each other (and our business) grow.
Read more about us at https://about.ikea.com