The establishment of IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (ISMY) is to support/drive improvement in the current and future Logistics/Distribution Network within Asia Pacific. The organization will supply full range of IKEA products from High Flow and Low Flow goods to South East Asia market including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Australian, India and future new markets within the region.
We are strategically located at Port Klang, near Kuala Lumpur to cater for an efficient goods flow with minimum of lead time for the inbound flow.
Lead the Malaysian custom team responsible for import and export overall operation for South East Asian IKEA markets. Secure the team delivers according to IKEA Strategy and business plan, developing business and people together.
To be the Management team member of ISMY: contributes actively to the overall development and growth of the organization & coworkers; and Asia Pacific (AP) Customs: contributes to the establishment of AP customs business strategy
· Responsible for the import and export overall operation, secure custom clearance efficiency, cost effectiveness and customs compliance
· Optimize the working process together with IKEA Asia Pacific stakeholders, contributing to strong IKEA offer and availability.
· Maintain good connection with custom authorities, actively engage the relevant authority/ government agent in solving custom regulatory related matters.
· Manage and improve broker/forwarder performance.
· Insight of local policies toward continue improvement of customs process, operation efficiency and lower cost.
· Lead or participant in regional/global development projects.
· Contribute to customs system solution to secure capability fit for authority requirement.
· Remotely manage customs operation in Singapore and Australia.
· Lead and develop team in accordance to “Leading business and people together”, secure team competence to current and future needs.
· At least 5 years related IKEA experience
· Solid customs and trade knowledge;
· Strong leadership;
· Good knowledge in supply chain/logistics;
· Good knowledge of Malaysia Custom Rules and Regulations
· Good cross country culture and values;
· Excellent communication, negotiation and influence skills with internal and external stakeholders.
· Proven capability of problem solving;
This permanent assignment will be based in our temporary office in Kota Kemuning and will be relocated to the new DC in Pulau Indah in year 2020.