UK Customs Manager – Central Fulfilment (Permanent)
The Country Customs Manager ensures the efficiency and compliance of the import and export related activities in the country. The Country Customs Manager makes sure that the work is organized in an optimal way, in order to secure efficiency as well as a high level of internal control for the day to day operations and timely and compliant submission of customs entries.
Who we are looking for:
Knowledge and experience:
• 5-7 years previous experience, demonstrating application of knowledge in an operational environment
• Good knowledge of import and export rules and regulations
• University degree
• Previous experience of dealing with external authorities
Capabilities and Motivation:
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
• Proven ability to lead and inspire people
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to apply to global issues
• Ability to influence outcomes, working with all organizational levels, and to exercise tact and discretion as required
• A strong interest in compliance
• Motivated by working with and developing people
• Enjoy working in a fast-growing company and facing challenges arising from subsequent growth
• Eager to learn, keen on details, willingness to know “Why”
• Eager to drive change and find optimal solutions
As the Customs Manager, you will:
• Lead and develop the competence of the Customs team in the UK, including back-up and succession planning.
• Monitor changes in local rules and legislation and communicate events with potential business impact to stakeholders. Work with stakeholders to secure ways of working to support the changes by defined timetables and deadlines.
• Secure efficient and effective internal controls to ensure compliance with internal and external rules and regulations, including reliable handling of local customs related documents.
• Develop and implement efficient working methods within the Customs team and with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure that the local activities are organized in an optimal way for efficiency and internal control.
• Manage and maintain daily interaction with customs authorities; manage and control external audits and local certification procedures.
• Develop an annual business plan to ensure support for the business, while securing alignment with global and local business and action plans. Contribute to regional/global Customs development.
• Handle the interface with customs brokers/agents
• Actively identify and manage risks related to customs operations
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. As the world’s leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
This role is located in IKEA Peterborough Distribution Centre; occasional travel will be required.
Working at IKEA, we recognize the need to look after our people and we offer a range of co-worker benefits such as: co-worker discount, pension scheme, uniform provision, subsidized co-worker meals, a year-end gift and many more!
WANT TO APPLY?
Internal candidates are required to complete a talent profile, you can find the Talent Profile on IKEA inside. The talent profile is to replace the need to upload a CV or cover letter for the role. External candidates will receive a video interview request from HireVue this must be completed to process your application.
If you have any recruitment queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org